All boats purchased from Cambrian have detailed information regarding warranties and warranty procedures within the blue folder that contains your paperwork. If, having read through this and the below guide, you are unsure whether something is covered by warranty then please contact us BEFORE having any work carried out to the boat
Firstly, please note:
- If your boat is new then it is covered by manufacturers warranties for at least 12 months against all manufacturing defects.
- If your boat is used, it may still be covered by manufacturers warranty. If not then Cambrian Boats covers the engine and drive against major mechanical failure in the first 3 months. Please check with us at the time of purchase whether manufacturers or Cambrian warranty applies. The warranty on a used vessel does not cover any electrical or navigation items including batteries. The cover starts from the date on your invoice, unless otherwise agreed at time of purchase.
- If your boat was bought from us on brokerage, then you have no warranty unless remaining manufacturers warranties apply.
- Warranty does not cover serviceable items or wearing parts, i.e. filters, belts, impellers, props, starter motors, batteries etc. No warranties, whether manufacturers or Cambrians, cover any lifting or travelling costs. All warranties are on a "return to dealer / manufacturer" basis.
- If the defect is found to be due to operator fault, then you will be subject to parts and labour charge.
- All warranty work must be instructed by Cambrian Boats. We will not pay any unauthorised charges so please do not instruct any work to be carried out on the boat or engine without our consent.
- All engine manufacturers warranties on engines in excess of twelve months old are dependant on correct and timely servicing being carried out by official outlets, so please make sure that you only use approved dealers and have your book stamped each time or claims will be rejected by the manufacturer. In this case then there is no recourse to Cambrian for any work required which would otherwise have been covered.
What you need to do next.
Contact us either by Email or Phone where we will need full details of the date of purchase, the nature of the problem and the location of the boat. On receipt of this information we will assess whether your boat is covered. We may call you to discuss the claim with any questions we/you may have.
We will confirm what is and is not covered and we will then normally either:
Send a technician to the vessel and correct the fault in a timely manner (normally within 31 days)
Ask you to get two quotes from local firms to rectify the faults
Ask you to return the boat to our address where we will carry out the repairs
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS THE CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY FOR ANY TOWS, LIFTING, STORAGE, MOORINGS AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM AN AUTHORISED REPAIR CENTRE.
We will carry out the work or arrange for it to be carried out on our behalf.
Please do not forget to attach a copy of your original invoice and all service history when posting your claim and remember please do not authorise any works without our permission first otherwise we will not be able to settle the invoice.